1. Help Center
  2. Your work in Germany

What co-determination rights do I have in a German hospital?

As an employee, you also have the right to co-determination within the decision-making processes of the company that employs you. In the case of public or private employers, you can turn to the works council or staff council. As an elected, institutionalized employee representative body in companies and corporations, you represent the interests and perspectives of all employees. In church or charitable institutions, the body for co-determination is called employee representation (MAV). Here, too, your elected members represent the interests of the employees vis-à-vis the employers. Their tasks are comparable to those of works councils.